Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Word Wednesday

Word Wednesdays

God’s Love Language
Evelyn Fordham Goodman
August 19, 2015

"And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him" (Hebrews 11:6, NIV).

One of my favorite books, "The 5 Love Languages: How to Express Heartfelt Commitment to Your Mate," by Dr. Gary Chapman, asserts that everyone has a primary language in which they best receive the message of love.

He categorizes these love languages into five areas: words of affirmation, acts of service, quality time, giving gifts, and physical touch.

Discovering and learning to speak the unique love language of a spouse can radically improve one's marriage.

Does our Heavenly Father have a love language?
Is there a way to radically improve our relationship with Him?
Is there some special way we can communicate to show Him our love and devotion?

Faith.
He absolutely loves faith.

When we have total reliance upon Him and not ourselves, we're speaking His love language.
When we trust Him beyond what we can see, think, or feel we're speaking His love language.
When we believe Him and take Him at His word, we are speaking His love language.

He gets excited over faith.
He stops the crowd to applaud with approval.
He is moved and motivated!
He is pleased.

PRAYER:
Oh Dear Heavenly Father,
I want to believe. I want to have faith. The problem is I still want to be in control and from what I know, I can't have both.
May my self-reliance give way to total dependence on You.
May I become fluent in the language of faith.
In Jesus' Name,
Amen

FURTHER READING:
Hebrews 11

© 2015 by Evelyn Goodman. All rights reserved.
www.evelyngoodman.blogspot.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home