Tuesday, August 04, 2015

Word Wednesday's

"Lord Just Be Pleased"

"So whether we are at home or away, we make it our aim to please him."
2 Corinthians 5:9 (ESV)

I still remember it like yesterday-
Standing on the wooden stage of our college auditorium, shoulder to shoulder with other youthful voices belting out in unity the choral sentiment:

We must change the way we walk. We must change the way we talk. We must live a life that's pleasing to our King. We must read God's Holy Word, let His praises be heard. Lord, just be pleased with our praise.

Our harmony tight, our voices strong; it was a compelling rendition that left the audience AND often us, the singers, exhausted from emotion.

I remember the song well, but more than the song; I remember the experience, voices blending together in solidarity and commitment to one purpose and one goal - to please God.

Many years have passed since my naive college days, but that burning sentiment to please God still remains.

It's often hard to detect, buried under busyness and squeezed by my daily schedule. But in the still moments, there it is! Begging for prominence, for first place -

I really do want to please God. I want to live my life at the center of His will. I want to know His will and trust Him enough to align my life with His will. I want the daily activities of my life to begin and end with God's desire for me.

I want to please God.

PRAYER:
Oh my God, before I turn and reach for my phone to make plans or to check messages, may I reach for You. May I look to Your Word to discover what pleases You. And may that knowledge guide my every decision today. May my desire to please You grow stronger and stronger until it drowns out my desire to please myself. May Your will, not mine be done today.
Amen

© 2015 by Evelyn Goodman. All rights reserved.
www.evelyngoodman.blogspot.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home