Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Word Wednesday Devotional

Word Wednesday

"Seasons"
Evelyn Fordham Goodman
January 27, 2016

"To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:"
Ecclesiastes 3:1

Recently, while preparing for our cross country move from Philadelphia to Houston, I began to feel a new feeling.

It wasn't the normal grief I've experienced of saying goodbye to family, friends, and all things familiar.  Nor was it the natural excitement I've felt of charting a new path and beginning again.

This feeling was different.

It was a feeling of irritation, agitation, and restlessness. It reminded me of the familiar feeling I would often have a few weeks or days before childbirth. I would naturally begin "nesting" as my body warned, "it's time". These contraction like irritants were pushing and prompting me to pack my bags and get ready. My comfortably cozy days in the cocoon were numbered and my body was preparing for a new season.

It's amazing how God gets His creatures ready for new seasons.

In spring, animals who grew thick coats of fur for winter, begin to shed, preparing them for the warmer temperatures.
In summer, animals prepare for hibernation by eating lots of food to store fat in their bodies.
In fall, animals get sleepy and grow thicker coats preparing them for the rapidly approaching cold temperatures.
In winter, animals migrate and hibernate to stay warm during the frigid months.

Today-
Watch, listen, and feel.
Perhaps God is preparing you for a new season.


PRAYER:
Dear Father,
Thank you for the irritation, agitation, and restlessness. You are using these emotions to move me out of one season and into the next.
Help me embrace this new experience trusting you fully to supply all the needs required for this new season.
Amen

© 2015 by Evelyn Goodman. All rights reserved.

www.evelyngoodman.blogspot.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home