Friday, December 31, 2004

He Can See Around Those Corners

We had a wonderful Christmas this year. It was great to be home for the holidays. On Christmas day my mother prepared a wonderful meal with the help of some of our close extended family and friends. After dinner, Keith and I gathered in the living room and sat around a small card table to enjoy after dinner conversation with Aunt Eula. I always enjoy talking to her and listening to her talk. She is so fun loving and full of Godly wisdom. As we talked, the conversation turned to those of us who work directly in God's vineyard (Pastors, Ministers of Music, Christian Education Teachers, etc.) and the need for us to be wholly consecrated to God and His plan for our lives. With her eyes squinched, she leaned toward me and whispered quietly, but firmly, "The truth is, many of us don't want to wait on God. We think we know what He wants for our lives. We need to wait on God. He's the only one who can see around those corners".

This statement really stood out to me. God is the only one who can see around those corners. It's so true. So many times in my life I've gotten impatient and wanted things a certain way...now! But God in His infinite wisdom can see around the corners. He knows the path.

On this New Year's Eve, my prayer is that I will trust in the God who can see what I can't see. I'll ask HIm to lead me daily. For He can see around those corners!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home