Word Wednesday
Word Wednesday
"Purposeful Living"
"But why did you need to search?” He asked. “Didn’t you know that I must be in my Father’s house?”
Luke 2:49 (NLT)
"It only gets better!"
These words, softly spoken to me by an amazingly gifted and flawlessly beautiful woman, were just the welcoming sentiments I needed as I reluctantly moved closer to "over the hill" status, a sorority she had joined decades ago.
Better!
Immediately my perspective brightened. Instead of bemoaning the inevitable changes that come with age, I began looking intently for reasons to celebrate it.
One reason for celebration I soon discovered and am still unearthing is the growing acceptance of myself. I'm becoming more confident in my own skin and less preoccupied with what others think, say, or feel about me.
Instead of being held hostage by the opinions of others, I'm finding more freedom in embracing who God has created me to be.
Perhaps for most, this confidence develops with age. But for Jesus, He always had this awareness.
Even as a pre-teen, a time when most are trying desperately to fit in and find acceptance, He already knew exactly who He was and the purpose for which He was sent. He was the Messiah and had come to save us from our sins.
When you know who you are and the purpose for which you are sent, you spend time carrying out your mission.
Today, may we embrace who we are in Christ and not waste time and energy trying to convince people of who we are and what we have to offer. May we live purposeful lives for Jesus.
PRAYER
Lord, how much precious time and energy have I wasted through the years totally preoccupied by others' opinions of me? How many times have I been carried away by other people's agendas instead of focusing on Your purpose for my life?
Please reveal Your will for me and may I confidently walk in Your ways.
FURTHER READING
Luke 2:41-52
Ephesians 3:17-19

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home