Word Wednesday
Word Wednesday
“I am Human”
Evelyn Fordham Goodman
October 21, 2015
"Be still, and know that I am God."
Psalm 46:10(a)
Daily, I need to be reminded that I am human, and God is God.
God is Omnipresent.
He is not confined by time or space, but moves freely without limitation. He is able to be everywhere at the same time.
I am human.
God is Omniscient.
He sees and knows all things.
He not only sees the past and present, but has full understanding of the future.
I am human.
God is Omnipotent.
He has unlimited power. He has the ability to do anything. There is nothing too hard for Him.
I am human.
Trying to be more than I am and do more than I can do is frustrating and exhausting. Trying to be super-human brings regret and resentment.
Knowing and accepting my human limitations brings peace and contentment.
I was never meant to be or do it all. I was meant to trust God who is all.
Today, may I embrace my human condition and trust God to be God.
PRAYER:
Lord,
help me resist the temptation to push myself beyond the boundaries of my human limitations. Help me accept reality and let go of the false notion that I can be everywhere for everybody. Help me be gentle and gracious with myself and others when we all come short.
Please help me focus on being fully present and impactful where I am instead of regretting where I'm not.
May peace come as a result of this acceptance. And may my faith grow to trust You to be what I am not; and do what I cannot.
Amen
© 2015 by Evelyn Goodman. All rights reserved.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home