Word Wednesday
"It's Possible"
Evelyn Fordham Goodman
December 16, 2015
"But He said, 'The things which are impossible with men are possible with God.' "
Luke 18:27
Recently while chatting with my mother we began discussing life and the difficulties we encounter.
She shared that when going through tough times, she often visualizes how life will look once things are better. She tries to picture the problem solved. This mental exercise stretches her faith. It helps her believe beyond what she currently sees.
After we talked, I decided to literally try the activity. I recounted one particular area in my life that causes great stress. I put pencil to paper and began writing a "vision" of what life would be like with this issue resolved. I tried to dream and create a picture of what could possibly be.
But I quickly noticed it was difficult for me to dream. I kept stopping the creative flow with my own limited thinking. "Oh, that's not realistic." "That's silly." "That would never happen."
What I could see was limiting what could be.
No one told me to stop writing. I held the pencil.
But I also held the limits.
How many of us have totally stopped praying for certain areas of our lives because from where we stand the situation seems hopeless? We have limited our thinking.
We have limited our God.
The Bible says, "Faith is the confidence that what we hope for will actually happen; it gives us assurance about things we cannot see. Hebrews 11:1 (NLT)"
Today, let's ask God to remove the limits from our thinking. May He grow our faith from the impossibilities we currently see to the possibilities of what can be.
PRAYER:
Dear Lord,
We know that faith pleases You.
Please strengthen our faith!
When we come to You, help us to believe You exist and that You reward those who diligently seek You.
Help us to not limit You, but trust that You are able to do the impossible!
Amen
FURTHER READING:
Romans 10:17
Hebrews 11
© 2015 by Evelyn Goodman. All rights reserved.
www.evelyngoodman.blogspot.com

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home