Monday, January 03, 2005

Resolutions

Tonight I was really looking forward to working out! I have discovered that I'm really not a workout machine kind of person. I prefer the small group classes. I've been doing Pilates twice a week for the last several months and LOVE IT!

After Thanksgiving, I fell off the horse a bit. I've tried to do a few routines at home, but miss going to the classes. It's just not the same when you're at home. I usually find myself only working out 15 to 20 minutes. At class, we workout at least an hour.

Well tonight I was on my way to class. I was so excited! I had my workout clothes on and my water bottle and purple mat in hand. It was rainiing outside, but I was determined to not miss the 6:30 class.

Once I arrived, I parked and noticed how full the place was. I handed the front desk attendant my membership card and proceeded to go to my class. I was a few minutes late, but was ready to get started.

I opened the door and peered through the darkened class to find the whole room completely full. I kept looking, but there were no spaces left to place my mat. I was so dissapointed. I turned around, walked down the small hallway and back out the front door into the rain.

As I walked back to my car, it hit me. It's January 3. All of these people probably just signed up for class. I mean, it's never that full. I guess everyone is trying to turn over a new leaf this new year.

When I came home, I told Keith about the crowded class and my dissapointment. He had me laughing when he told me to give them 2 weeks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home