The Wall of Powerlessness
Yesterday, I hit a huge glacier-like wall of powerlessness. I was faced with the reality of my limits. I wanted so badly to fix the situation and control the outcome, but I was unable.
This is a terribly uncomfortable place. But, honestly I was relieved to know that there was nothing else I could do.
At this point I had to let go and let God!
I was reminded of the scripture in Zechariah 4:6 that says, "Not by might, nor by power, but by my Spirit says the Lord.
I was there- in that weak place. My efforts had failed, my attempts had not proven effective. I could not make things work out.
So, I let go and trusted the whole situation to God! Literally, I stopped worrying, doubting, obsessing, fearing... It was not mine to figure out any more. It was God's to handle.
That's when the peace came~
He completely worked things out- all of them! No, seriously, He handled my day. He made ways that I didn't know existed. Things that I thought were huge and insurmountable became light and easy. Decisions that I couldn't make became clear. Strength that I didn't have was given to me.
By the end of the day, I was shocked at the Lord's work done in my life.
This morning as I reflect on what God did and is doing...I am amazed!!
I think of the fact that God created the heavens and earth in 6 days. Before we humans were even around, God had organized the waters into oceans, created beautiful vegetation on the earth, made light to govern the day and night, created beautiful animals, and provided a way for them all to eat and grow. This is before we were created.
So it is true that God can work things out without my help!! Honestly, at times I probably get in the way.
Lord, please help me to let go today and trust You with all areas of my life. Amen

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home